Wednesday, July 13, 2011

T-t-t-t-tennessee!

Dixie Stampede

What a whirlwind of a summer it has been already! A few too many airports and airplanes for my taste, but you live and you learn. I won't try to fit so much into so few weeks ever again.... at least for a long, long time. My first big trip of the summer was to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee with my friend Robyn, thanks to a scholarship from Best Beginnings. Our first trip down South, and what a trip it was! I got to do some amazing things in just 5 days, and here are some highlights.

1. Attend the National Imagination Library conference
2. Explore Pigeon Forge, TN
3. Go to Dollywood!
4. Explore the Smoky Mountains
5. See Jon's old roommate, Opie
6. Go to a Dixie Stampede (picture with a Southern Belle above)
7. Hike a miniscule part of the Appalachian Trail

There is so much more and I have pictures to prove it!

No comments: