Monday, February 21, 2011

You Can't Stop Time....

36 candles..... wow. The cake says "Happy Birthday Mommy From Kiley & Kalin." It includes a ton of sprinkles, imagine Tinker Bell throwing up.... that is kind of what happened to this cake. Two little girls decorating, it can't be helped.

I spent the morning of my birthday in Juneau, where I got surprised by a group of librarians , and a friend of mine, who sung me "Happy Birthday." I got to spend some time with an old friend and his significant other and then the rest of the day was spent trying to get home. Delay after delay got me home at about 7:30, very pooped. Two excited girls "helped" me open my presents, and despite the fact that I had a beautiful cake to eat the girls had to go to bed.

We celebrated in a simple way today with a taco dinner with cake and ice cream following. Kiley asked me two or three times today when my "party" was going to be and "which kids were going to be coming" hahaha. I told her Mommy was too old for parties and it was just going to be her and Kalin at our house.
It was perfect, I am so lucky. Lucky the house didn't burn down too from all those candles. My Dad told me that time moving ahead is much better than the alternate. Yeah, I'm kind of lucky.

No comments: