Friday, September 24, 2010

Note: Don't Question Mom's Flower Knowledge

I have been attending a "Gardening Symposium" class for the past few days and have learned a thing or two about planing in this here little town. Just a thing, or two, or notebook full.....

So a few weeks ago I posted about some flowers that I was very proud of in my yard that I grew from seed. I named them: Pansy, Morning Glory.... remember this?


My Mom saw the pictures and said, "I saw the pictures of your flowers and they are so pretty!"

I of course said thank you and was stoked that they turned out so well.

She then said, "Um, are you sure the Morning Glory is not a Nasturtium? It kind of looks like a Nasturtium to me....."

Cough, cough "Of course I am Mom! I labeled the pot with Duck Tape 'MORNING GLORY. It's got to be a Morning Glory!'"

I should have known better than to question my mother's flower knowledge. My mother who has been gardening much, much longer than me. I shouldn't, I won't, I can't ever again.

A few weeks ago I said that this was a Morning Glory, when in fact it is a Nasturtium. I learned that today in my Gardening class. I should have just learned that from my Mom.... I stand corrected, thank you Mom.

No comments: