Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Matthew~ State Wrestling 2008




I have not been to a wrestling state tournament since 1995. That was the year when my brother became a State Champion his Senior year for the second timet- in the 145 lb weight class, in Fairbanks. That was a tournament to remember, I was on pins and needles the entire time!

Turn the clock 13 years and here I'm at another one....... Jon, the girls, and I went to Anchorage to watch Matthew at his State tournament at Bartlett High School. What a tournament! Matthew did a wonderful job, and wrestled his heart out. He won his first two matches, lost two (heartbreaking!) and then won his last match to get fifth place. We are very proud of him, he has had an outstanding season and should be proud that he got 5th place in the STATE in the 125 lb weight class.

I told his Mom I don't know how she does it, Matthew isn't even my son and I had a hard time watching during some matches! Jon and I were in knots through the whole thing.... we are going to be crazy parents when Kiley and Kalin's turn comes around! The team did very well too- Dillingham got third place over all and had four boys in the finals, with two becoming state champions. There was only 1.5 points between Petersburg (first), Bethel (second) and Dillingham at the end of the tournament.

No comments: