Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Skating at Aleknagik Lake


It has been a strange winter this year, actually the opposite of last winter.  We had so  much snow at this time last year, and it seems like we've barely had a flake fall so far.  We are short on snow but not on the cccccold temperatures. 

These cold temperatures have made the lakes and ponds in our area perfect for skating!  We took a drive to Lake Aleknagik to take the girls skating, it took my breath away it was so gorgeous out.

In spots the water has frozen so clear we can see straight to the bottom.  We even saw some little fish frozen in the water.


Some of us had more fun than others. I won't say whom.



I mentioned a few times the beauty, the gorgeous colors, the mountains...... to no avail.


Kalin told me she didn't like this "pond".....  hehehe.  It's a good thing her dad and I do!


No comments: