Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Barge is in.....

Every year we order a large amount of food from a company out of Seattle, Span Alaska, who then put our groceries on a barge headed for Alaska. We buy a large assortment of bulk "goods" that are too expensive to buy here, or just weigh a lot and are too bulky to deal with sending out of Anchorage. Things like dog food, cat food, rice, cake mixes, cans of soup, chips, pop.... canned veggies and fruit. Just to name a few.

I wish I would have taken a picture of our two monster pallets that we took off the barge, before their contents were unpacked, but I didn't. Here are a few more pictures of our stocked pantry.


Such an amazing addition to our house- this storage space is just what we needed!! As I walk in here to get something I keep thinking to myself, where did we put all this food before? A million thanks, again, to Paul for finishing our pantry for us.

The freezer is full of moose and fish and now the pantry is stocked, I think we are ready for winter. Maybe.....

No comments: