Tuesday, September 06, 2011

My Moose Hunters


It was another Labor Day weekend spent hunting, not for me but "the boys." They traveled up the Nushagak and spent Friday night to Monday afternoon looking for a moose to fill our freezer for the winter. Why didn't I go you ask? I am a huge supporter of subsistence hunting and fishing, just not so big on the shooting and killing part. I would rather go and pick berries.... which I did. So I made jam this weekend, I was productive at home!

So anyway the boys got a moose, a very big moose. It just happened to be Matthew's first moose too. Matthew acted like it was just another day hunting, minimal excitement. Who wouldn't be excited about that rack? This moose will fill our freezer and give meat to another family to boot. Not to mention really, really cut down on our food bill. We already had our first taste last night, and it was delicious!

So hunting can be a little boring..... but it can also be full of wrestling too.


No comments: