Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Visiting Grandma




So the whole purpose of our Boston trip was to see my Grandma, who I hadn't seen in about 6 years, since she lived in Chicago. Kiley and Kalin had never met her, and since she was turning 90 I thought it was a perfect time for the Clouse girls to meet their Great-Grandma.

I think we wore grandma out a bit with the crazy energy from the five year old and almost 2 year old. It was worth it, we enjoyed every minute of her. I must have sounded like a broken record telling the girls to "use an inside voice" and "remember your manners" and "no running!" ack, I wasn't sure how the other elderly people at Grandma's retirement home would respond to all their energy!

Grandma said now that she knows Kiley and Kalin she just wants to spend more time with them and wished we lived closer. Oh, me too.

We were so lucky to have the opportunity to stay with my cousin Lisa and her family. Kiley enjoyed meeting and playing with Katie and Nicholas, Kalin liked "Weeeba" aka Reba the family dog. Jon and I couldn't get over how hospitable and just plain awesome Lisa and Jeannie were, we both enjoyed getting to know them and spending time with them too. Our only wish with the whole trip was that we wished we lived closer so we could visit more often! I made sure to tell Lisa at least a dozen times that a visit to Alaska is a must for the family!

No comments: