Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Clouse Girls Update



I haven't written about all the amazing things the girls are doing these days. ;) It has been a busy month for all of us for sure!

Kalin Dawn is just about to take off walking. She has taken about 7 steps so far; if we get her steady on her feet she takes off. Kalin is also very expressive and can tell us what she wants, and doesn't want quite loudly. Smacking her lips means, "I'm hungry", and a loud "AAAAHHNGH" means STOP THAT KILEY! amongst other dislikes. Kalin can sign "more" now, can tell us "no no" by shaking her head and also can wave "bye-bye" like a pro. We think "bye-bye" can also mean "hi" but we aren't quite sure.

Kiley Jeanette now knows her phone number and Papa and Gram's phone number. I think one of her greatest thrills these days is being able to call someone, "on my own!" She can easily count to 12 and sometimes 20.... although that high gets a little tricky. Kiley is recognizing words and can spell "boo", "mom", "stop", and "papa".

Jon and I are off to "the big city" and the girls are going to stay with Papa and Gram for the weekend. It will be Jon and I's first trip away from both of them together.... and speaking for myself I am very excited. I thought maybe Kiley would be a little sad but she's actually excited. She said something the other day like, "remember Gram I can have everything I want?"

Hmmm, whatever it takes huh?

No comments: