Monday, September 29, 2008

Round 2 of Birthday Week

Enchanted Castle- approximately 4 hours to make!
Kid friendly unicorn pinata
Such joy! Robyn said she is the most expressive present opener..... :)
Kalin and I had fun too!

We had Kiley's kid party on Saturday. It was a much anticipated event. All her best best friends were there- well except for Olivia, Rikki and Ryn :(. But the day turned out to be gorgeous- blue skies and sunshine. We had fun playing "Pin the Horn on the Unicorn", since it was a unicorn themed party, and we had a kid friendly pinata (meaning we didn't have to whack it to get the candy out, we pulled ribbons).
I think I put in about 4 or 5 hours making the "Enchanted Castle" cake. Phew, what have I gotten myself into? These cakes sure are a lot of work- and Jon reminded me so kindly that I will be doing this for each child we have... hopefully I will be a pro by the time the last one is here! :)

Once we had cake and ice cream,and opened presents the kids were ready to head outside and play! The swings (tire and saucer, thanks again GB you have awesome ideas!) were a big hit as well as the swing set. They also enjoyed playing in the "Doll House", Kiley's clubhouse of sorts. Great memories, Kiley is lucky to have such good friends!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ok what does, "when the last one gets here" mean? Are you telling us something?