Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baby Log or Mrs. Butterworth's?

Yes, that is me in t he picture above at about the same age as Kiley below. I am holding my Mrs. Butterworth's "doll."

And yes, in the picture below Kiley is holding a log- her "Baby Log."

The "Baby Log" as she is now fondly called was created this past winter when Kiley decided to pretend that one of the logs we would have otherwise burned in our fireplace was instead her baby. So it got painted, and named.

My brother asks for Baby Log every time he comes over, which is about daily, and tells Kiley she might need to give her to him so he can heat his house.... My mom thought we had bought Kiley a log someone else had turned into a baby... "What will they come up with NEXT?" she said. After I stopped laughing I told her what exactly Baby Log was and she said it made sense.......

My Mom said I just started carrying my syrup bottle around like a baby and combing her hair.

So this weirdness of a log turned into a baby? Yes, it comes from me. I admit it, the weirdness started early. Kiley Jeanette what will you think of next?


2 comments:

jclouse said...

That is awesome! Like mother, like daughter.

The Kellys said...

That is too precious for words!