Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Last Day of Preschool.....




Kiley had such an awesome experience at Preschool- most days I think she wanted me to stay because she was afraid of hurting my feelings or something. I stayed almost every morning for about an hour- for circle time and play time. It was fun for me to see her interacting with the other kids in her class and participating in the songs and other activities.

The last day of Preschool was today and was celebrated with a potluck and two Yup'ik native dances the kids learned during school. Kiley called one "Ahoolawekumken" and the other "Aleee Aliii", I don't know how to spell them in Yup'ik or I would write their correct names. One is about making "akutaq" (Eskimo Icecream) and the other about walking on the tundra. I videoed each so I will make sure to post a short video of her dancing when we get back from vacation.

It took bribery of chicken nuggets from N&N, corn nuts AND gum for me to get her to wear her "puk-puk" as she calls her Kespeq (traditional wear)- needless to say she doesn't like it even though she looks SO cute in it. Kalin and I even wore ours! But anyway I was so proud of my big girl- she did such a good job and was so proud! Umma Bossy, Auntie Babe and the boys were her special guests, which tickled her even more. She was riding high all day and crashed about 5:00 when we went over to Uncle Max's house :).

No comments: