Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Basketball Fever..... kind of

Jon is at the peak of basketball season. For those of you who don't know, he is now the head coach of the Dillingham Wolverines (boys). My Dad is coaching the female version of the Wolverines, so my mother and I are officially basketball widows (again) until the season is over in March.

Jon finally had his first home game against Hooper Bay, Chevak and his old basketball team the New Stuyahok Eagles. Kiley and I finally got to be with him for longer than three days....... It is hard to write but the only game he lost was to the Eagles. I was thinking that if I still lived in New Stu how I would have crowed over that win! :) I am still proud of the boys (since I taught every single one of them at one time or another)- the look really good this year and I hope it is the year they win state!

Here are some so-so pictures of Mr. Clouse. He doesn't quite stick out as much as he did in New Stuyahok, but you can still pick him out quite easily. He is quite fond of saying he is a basketball coach coaching wrestlers how to play basketball. My brother Max would like that one......

He is off to Barrow and freezing cold temperatures. Barrow is usually around-30 and has just started seeing the sun again last week. I am really hoping he gets to see at least one polar bear while he is up there.... we'll see!


Jon is still about 6 inches taller than his tallest player.
See him?

Wolverines vs. the Eagles

No comments: