Friday, February 08, 2008

Barrow Update #2

Barrow's beach in the spring I think, it doesn't look like this now....
That isn't Jon, just a random shot I took from the Internet.
We hear the Northern Lights are supposed to look like this up there, but Jon hasn't said he's seen any yet.


Jon played his first game last night against Point Hope. They lost. I won't relate the score because it is a painful loss (they got mercied). On an up note the female version of the Wolverines won their game against Point Hope in over time.

But I had to give an update about the weather in Barrow. The current temperature is -30 degrees F, and about -53 degrees F with Windchill. They are just starting to see the sun in Barrow and are getting about 4 hours of daylight. The temperature in Dillingham is 9 degrees with about a -10 degree F temperature. We are getting sun at about 9:00 am until about 7:00 pm. I wish it would actually be warm sun.... but it is nice to see more of it around here.

No comments: