Monday, March 07, 2011

Skiing

The skiing has been unbelievable for the past few weeks. Blue skies, 20 degree temperature and all the snow I want. Heaven. February and March are such awesome months in SW Alaska- tons of light and temperatures that allow you to do all kind of fun things outside.

I went out a few days ago and decided to take a different skiing route than I am used to. It was a little longer than I anticipated- I was out skiing for about an hour and a half. Not that I am complaining, it was an amazing evening. Evening opportunities like this justify exactly why we live here. Where else can you strap on your skiis and literally ski from your house for hours and hours?

I wanted to get closer to those mountains.

My pictures just can't do justice to how pretty it was out there!

I wanted to get closer to Warehouse Mountain, and there it was, *sigh* engulfed in a beautiful sunset.

Now my master plan is to find skis for my girls and get them addicted- then we will be skiing partners for life!

No comments: