Saturday, October 03, 2009

The newest member of our family....


We were missing Matthew so much we had to do SOMETHING. Not that a cat can replace him or anything..... hmmm Anyway, :0 Glad he doesn't read this.

So for about two months all Kiley wanted to do was pretend to be our kitty- a kitty named Whiskers. That's it, every night. It would go something like this, "Mom, let's pretend I'm a kitty. I'm your kitty. My name is Whiskers. Ok Mom?"

And we heard at least 4 times a week, "I want a kitty for my birthday, a REAL LIVE kitty." (just so we wouldn't try to trick her with a fake one of course) So we came to the conclusion it was her heart's desire to have a cat.

We caved. I fortunately found a kitten waiting to be adopted. I am not a cat person, neither is Jon. So this is a big step for the family. Jon and I surprised Kiley on her birthday with a kitten. She named her Whiskers (in case you didn't catch the name) We told Kiley that she is responsible for scooping poop, and making sure that Whiskers has food and water. So far she has been doing a great job.

We are so impressed with this cat too- Sis carries her around by the neck and also by the butt and she hasn't been scratched once! Kiley, on the other hand has been scratched quite a bit. She tries to love her like a baby and Whiskers just doesn't go for that.

No comments: