Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Alaska Style......







I think Mother Nature has forgotten that "April Showers Bring May Flowers..." because yesterday when I woke up it was TWO degrees at my house. Today it was snowing, as in a BLIZZARD snowing. Not just light flakes here and there- snow like I had to brush off a foot of snow from my car kind of snow. We have the reverse of Global Warming- we have Global Freezing, or something like that. Seriously- even in Alaska we deserve some rain and mud, don't we? Well enough griping, I'm going to Colorado in May and I will hopefully soak up enough sunshine to last another cold winter!
So the Clouses took advantage of a beautiful spring day (even with all the snow) and we semi bundled up and went for a gorgeous walk. We have so much snow it is crazy! We have snow almost half way up our windows- I am starting to feel like a little clausterphobic..... Kiley had fun climbing up "mountains" and jumping off of them (and just getting outside!). She even got her Dad to pull her in the wagon instead of a sled, with Kalin on his back. What a man!

1 comment:

The Kellys said...

Gosh that is crazy. Dad did call from DLG yesterday and told us taht it was snowing, but I didn't realize to that extent! Wow! When you gonna come and visit me woman?!?!?!